Friday, July 1, 2011

Stages

We are still dealing with this new stage that Cecilia is going through and if I make it out alive it will be a miracle!

I know at some point all kids are clingy to one parent or the other but I feel Cecilia's is beyond that.  She barely lets me move an inch away from her.  If we aren't touching, she screams at the top of her lungs and turns bright red.  The other morning I drove away as she stood at the door screaming and crying.

Not the best way to start the day.

Brent says she chills out pretty quickly and I know it is just a phase but it is about to kill me!
On the flip side of the drama, we end up having these fun, sweet little moments between her and I. 

The same day she watched me drive away, we sat in the floor that night and played and giggled.  As I rocked her babies, per her request, she got up patted me on the back (her new way of showing affection) and gave me a big open mouthed kiss then patted me again.

I know one day I will be begging for her to want to be around me and longing for the days that we sat in the floor and played dolls or read books.

But right now she is making it hard to feel good about going to work or anywhere for that matter.

No comments: