Monday, July 18, 2011

Just the Two of Us

Cecilia and I had a rare weekend where it was just us all weekend long.

We enjoyed a friends date on Friday night with Jaclyn, Corey, Sydney, Jamie, Natalie, Jackson, Meghann, Carter and Grayson.  We grabbed a quick bite to eat then headed to the square in Franklin to listen to music and hang out.

Cecilia had a good time listening to music and watching everyone!

Her and Sydney got up and showed us how to dance...
 
They, well Cecilia, seemed to enjoy each other a little more this time around and we had a great time despite the heat!

Instead of driving back home late, Cecilia and I had a sleepover at my parent's house.  All that dancin' got her so hyped up she then put on a show for us for an hour!  Thank goodness she picked Saturday morning to be her sleep in morning because I was pooped!

We stayed for a little while at my parent's playing and hanging out until it was time to go home for a nap.  Apparently Cecilia just couldn't handle that much partying on Friday night because she slept for 3 1/2 hours!  Her current record and I was able to get the house cleaned and got to do some rearranging.  It was fabulous!

The rest of our night consisted of Wal-Mart and playing /destroying the house I just cleaned.  I have no idea what her deal is but her mission in life is to see how many toys/books/kitchen spoons/whatever she can get her hands she can spread across the house.  I was trying to get out the door Sunday morning for church and noticed 4 of the 6 rooms in my house were covered with toys!  I have no idea how in an hour she managed to do that much damage!  At least she knows how to pick up her toys and put them away.

I topped our girls weekend off by making her favorite meal...
hot dog and mac n cheese!

And by having my dad bring this little beauty up...
I have had this table and chairs for as long as I can remember and I thought Cecilia would enjoy it.

Clearly I hit the nail on the head!  She has loved having this in the house and loves to sit and color or read.  Who knew such a simple thing would make her day!

Brent finally got home late yesterday afternoon and crashed our girls only weekend but we were glad to see him! 

2 comments:

Erin said...

We're going to have to get Ty and Cecilia together for a play date soon!! :)

Momoi said...

I love seeing Cecilia sitting at that table just like her Mama used to do! Ahh, sweet memories!