Friday, July 15, 2011

Big Gee

Today was day 1 of Cecilia's transition into her new class at the end of the summer.  By August 8th she will no longer be in the nursery but the toddler class with a whole group of new faces.

During the next couple of weeks she will be taking naps on her mat (today was the first day..slept like a rock for an hour and a half!), spending time with her new teachers and then finally spending most of the day over in her new room.

It is a bitter sweet move.  I LOVE her current teachers and they adore her but it's time for her to grow.  I'm so very thankful that my cousin's daughter is still in that class. I have made it a point for the girls to see each other just about every day by stopping by to say hello and to talk to her.  I'm hoping this will help with the transition.  She is used to being spoiled in her current class and I'm pretty positive that won't happen in the new one.

The change won't be easy (I have already been warned in the letter home!) but she will do fine and I'm sure love this class as much as her current one.  She will have more kids her size to play with and be able to do more fun activities.

I am bound and determined to not look at this as 'oh my gosh my baby is growing' but as 'oh my gosh let's celebrate this new change.'  We have children so we can watch and cheer as they grow older and learn new things and I don't what to dwell on the fact that she won't always be this small.  If  I let myself, I might as well check myself in at the looney bin!

No comments: