Thursday, August 9, 2012

Perks

One of the perks I love about my job is that I get to travel.  I don't do it a lot and we don't stay gone long but usually my boss likes for me to tag along on sales meetings and training sessions.  This week we had training down in Memphis and I was allowed to go.

I've never been and didn't really think it would be place I would like but after spending a few days there, I'm ready to go back.  The food is ridiculous! We ate at Rendezvous who are known for their ribs and they did not disappoint.  I'm not a rib person, especially out in public, but I these were really good!

We stayed at The Peabody hotel and apparently I was clueless about the ducks that live there.  At 11am they have these ducks, who live in a penthouse, ride an elevator down to the lobby, walk the red carpet and hop in the fountain in the middle of the lobby.  At 5pm, they go back upstairs.  We arrived at the hotel at 4:45 and the lobby was packed.  People were lined up everywhere taking pictures of these ducks about to walk the red carpet.


Here they are just chillin' waiting for their signal to get out.

It was so crazy seeing these ducks walk the red carpet and ride the elevator.  Even crazier was the amount of people everywhere going nuts over them like they were celebrities.


They were pretty stinkin' cute wading up the carpet!

Even though I love to go see new places, it is always hard leaving the family behind especially Cecilia.  But I think this trip she had the best time out of us all!

My mom's office was closed a few days this week so she kept Cecilia while I was gone.  They went riding in the jeep, went to the park and Cecilia got her first manicure!


My mom took her along with her to get her nails done and the lady was nice enough to do Cecilia's too.  She was so sweet to do that AND to send me a picture.  I died when I got it!  She looks so big and so cute!

The first thing she showed me when I got home was her nails.

She is very proud of them.

I can hardly wait for all our spa days!

2 comments:

Danielle Kinslow said...

I love it! It was so nice to finally meet Cecilia. She is a doll!

Emily said...

That picture of her pink nails is precious!