Monday, August 6, 2012

On the hunt and 6 yrs

I've been on the hunt for some barn wood for awhile.  I didn't really think it would be too difficult to find a piece of wood since we have 3 barns in the family but I thought wrong.

Saturday, while I was at home, my parents, Cecilia and I loaded up to set out on the hunt for barn wood.  My Dad's barn came up empty as well as my Nanny's two.  Great!  But Dad to the rescue!  He made a few phones and my uncle knew just the place to go.

We pulled up to this...


the most beautiful site for a girl looking for some barn wood.  The guy told us to take as much as we wanted.  Not the smartest thing to say to me.  My husband would kill me if I showed up with a truck full of barn wood.

Dad searched and climbed trying to find want I was looking for and we thought we found the perfect piece but it wouldn't come loose.


So Plan B ended up being a nice piece of beat up wood that was just laying around.  Dad cut it to the right length and now I have my next project waiting to be finished.  Brent was tickled when I walked in the door!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yesterday was mine and Brent's 6 year anniversary.  6 years.  We both agreed it felt longer!  :)  To celebrate, we dropped C off at my parent's around lunch before heading to Nashville to eat and shop at some of our favorite stores.  It was so nice to be able to eat a meal without having to entertain a 2 year old.  And who doesn't like shopping without having to say 'no you can't have that' or 'don't touch' a 1000 times.  It was so nice to hang out with just the two of us.

We typically don't reminisce about our wedding too much mainly because Brent doesn't remember much (he was EXTREMELY nervous that day and I think his brain shut down) but we ended the night watching our wedding video.  We laughed at ourselves the whole time.  He saw all his nervous little ticks and I noticed that I couldn't shut up or stand still through the whole service!  I was trying to see what we were saying but my mouth was moving so fast I couldn't tell.  Have mercy I looked liked I was on speed!  It's amazing what adrenaline will do to a person.

I'm so glad that my parents decided last minute to have it taped.  At the time I didn't think it was a big deal to have it recorded but I'm glad we have it to look back on.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Happy anniversary!!! :) 6 years, holy cow, it seems like yesterday!