Friday, January 4, 2013

Never the same

Tomorrow she is will get on a plane that will take 1500 miles outside her comfort zone.  She will land in a country where running water, electricity and cozy beds are luxuries.

"...If anyone wants to be My follower, he must deny himself, take up his cross, and follow Me".  Mark 8:34
 
There will be a language barrier but that's ok, she's not there to speak.  She is there to show God's love to little faces who otherwise might not know it.  They will cling to her because she will make them feel like the most important person in the world.

"...Let the little children come to Me.  Don't stop them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these".  Mark 10:14
 
After tomorrow, her life will forever be changed because she chose to answer a calling.

"Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying:  Who should I send?  Who will go for Us?
I said:  Here I am.  Send me".  Isaiah 6:8
 
Tomorrow my mom, along with several other volunteers, will go to Haiti on a mission trip.  They will spend 6 days working, teaching, laughing and loving His children as he has asked them to do.  They will give all of themselves because He gave all of himself. 

"Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit".  Matthew 28:19

She will not be the same person we put on the plane but I wouldn't want her to be. 
 
I am so proud of her.

3 comments:

Emily said...

Aww, what a sweet post. Tell your mom I'll be praying for her!

Alicia said...

I'm proud of her too! I know she will be a great witness to those precious people of Haiti that need so much love and hope that can only come from our Savior!

Momoi said...

What a precious way to start the day, tears and all! I wish you were going too!