Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Christmas, The Finale

The day after Christmas, we headed over to my Granny's for dinner and gifts.
 
 
Cecilia is the youngest one there so pretty much we just sit and watch her and my Granny open gifts.

 
 
Last Friday morning we headed to Muncie to celebrate with Brent's family.  Cecilia was so excited about seeing Aubrey, Nora and Shaffer.
 
They had already had a pretty good snow before we got there but Saturday morning delivered more.  All the guys bundled up and shoveled the driveway.  The girls supervised.

 
My sister-in-law and I are desperate to get a good picture of all the grandkids but it never works out.  This was the best I got.
 
 
Finally after the drive was shoveled, we got to break into the gifts!

 
Cecilia was overwhelmed with all the new things and could barely focus.  As soon as a new toy was opened, that's all she could think about.  I ended up doing some of her opening just to speed the process up.
 
Even though the girls got lots of new toys, the snow was calling their names.  I had brought my snow bibs but we didn't have anything really warm for C so Brent and his brother made a quick trip to Wal-Mart to pick up some snow gear for the girls.

 
C was so excited to go out.  I assumed her trip out would be short lived and she wouldn't be all that jazzed about the snow.

 
I was wrong...she LOVED it!

 
 
She was so cute playing in the snow and trying to throw snowballs.  I had tackled my sister in law throwing her in the snow and C thought it was the funniest thing and wanted me to do it to her.  The kid would have stayed out there for hours but her little face and hands were freezing.
 
 
Seeing that much snow definitely made me wish we would get some.  But then I remember that us southerns don't handle snow that well so I got over it.  Sadly C has asked to play in the snow everyday since.  :(
 
 We headed home on Monday to squeeze in one last hang out session with my brother and sister in law before they had to fly back home.
 
Tomorrow we are back to the grind of the things.

No comments: