Monday, January 28, 2013

Needing Change

I'm starting to get into a weekend funk.  We have been on the same little schedule for a while now and I'm tired of it.  I feel like we rush around on Friday nights going to dinner then hitting the grocery store that we never really enjoy our Friday nights.  Brent suggested we go on Saturday mornings but I hate having to get up (and shower!) at a decent hour just to get there before the crowd.
 
I'm needing my weekends to be more relaxed and less scheduled.
 
I tried to ween my family off our schedule this weekend and it worked pretty well.
 
Saturday morning, Brent had a meeting so that left C and I plenty of playtime.
 
 
 
She is in a baby craze phase.  We talk about babies A LOT.  Not just fake babies but real babies too. 
 
 
No I don't have some big announcement to make!!!  It is so strange to hear her talk about wanting a baby to hold and wanting a sister or brother.  We NEVER start this conversation.  Trust me, I just got hot thinking about being pregnant.
 
I'm not sure where she has picked up this baby thing.  Oh!  It just hit me that it might be that we have talked a lot about my friend Alicia and the baby in her belly.  She seems to have this ridiculous memory so maybe that's where all this is coming from.  I'm not sure but when girlfriend whipped out that there needs to be a baby in my belly, I got hot and about passed out.  Seriously, not a normal 2 year old conversation.  And she needs to quit before everyone at school thinks I'm pregnant.
 
We managed to get our minds off babies long enough to make cupcakes with "sparkles" (aka sprinkles).
 
 
Cecilia honestly loves being in the kitchen with me.

 
She is always asking to help and I knew this would thrill her because she can pretty much do everything herself.

 
She had a blast and was so proud of herself.



 
I was a little nervous about "sparkles" being all over the floor but I told her to be gentle and she listened!

 
She couldn't wait to eat her creation.

 
For an all white cupcake, it wasn't bad!
 
I need more weekends like this.  Ones where we carve out time to do fun things and still find time to relax.  I think the weather has something to do with it.  I'm tired of being locked up inside and needing spring to come faster!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Amen to that - I'm ready for spring weather! I love C's apron, that's too cute!