Monday, April 14, 2014

Easter Eggs, Parties and Kittens

It was another jammed packed weekend for the Millers!

Saturday morning, the company Brent works for, hosted an Easter Egg Hunt for all it's employee's kids.  This was our second year to participate and C had the best time.  Of course having one of her BF's from school could have had something to do with it.


Both their little eyes lit up when they saw each other!


These mornings are always fun.  They had a few activities for the kids and the Easter Bunny was there for pictures although C didn't get within 50 feet of him.  They also had Broadway the Clown come do a little magic show.

Once the show was over, it was time to get our hunt on.


Brent gave her a little pep talk before they turned them loose because egg hunting is serious business.  I had to remind her AND him that there would be no knocking kids out of the way.



She filled her bucket with eggs and came running back assuring me she didn't hit or push anyone.  That's my girl! They were so smart this year by not filling the eggs with tiny crap that I'm going to throw away as soon as I got home.  Instead, they gave each kid a bag full of goodies to take with them.

After the egg hunt, we came home to relax for a few hours then we were back out the door heading to a birthday party for one of C's school friends.

The party was a carnival theme and was a kids dream.  They had two bounce houses,


carnival games,



and kittens!


Not that kittens are typically a carnival thing but C was in love!


This one ALMOST came home with us.  Apparently my husband has had a change in heart about cats (I have not had that change in heart) and is now talking about letting her have a cat.  I don't even know who he is right now.

Thankfully, she was easily distracted by the bounce house and I still have a cat free home.

Sunday, we took little diva to church.


Then headed to Franklin to see The Story put on by community churches and The Art Council.


Both my parents were participating so we went to show our support.  It was so good and was a perfect way to spend Palm Sunday.

1 comment:

Alicia said...

I hate it I missed you! I was at the Sunday showing as well, but Kenzie insisted we sit in the balcony! Your Mom did great! And your Dad, well he made the show happen!