Monday, August 11, 2014

Back to School Bash

Saturday, I helped host a Back to School Bash with two other dance moms for our little dance crew plus a few other kids.  We each took on a different role and the party turned out great!  The kids had so much fun all morning and it was a fantastic way to kick off the new school year!


I was in charge of decorations and I wanted everything to look cute but also wanted to keep it simple.




I almost got in the school spirit but then broke out into hives just thinking about going back to school.  I have no idea how I'm going to fake the whole school is fun! you'll love it! thing with C next year.

Anyway back to the party.  We thought it would be fun to have a water party with inflatables, water guns and water tables.  We were right!


The kids ran around all morning going from one thing to another.






I failed to get a picture of the 3 mini hostesses but I did get one of 2 of them together...

Charlotte and Kaylee

We were so afraid that it would rain during the party but luck was on our side and it didn't start pouring until after everything was cleaned up!

C got an added bonus of getting to spend a few more hours playing with a few of her dance friends after the party while us mamas sat around talking.

The party couldn't have come at a more perfect time because today C's class officially started school!


My sign didn't turn out as bright as I had planned but C plans on being a fairy princess when she grows up.


Today also marks C's last year at her school.  She has spent her entire life there.  We've grown to really love the school and the staff and it makes me sad to think that this is it for her.  She, on the other hand, couldn't be more excited that this is her last year.  She is ready for big girl school.  Mama not so much.  I've already had a few meltdowns/panic attacks just thinking about it.  I'm hoping its just because I'm pregnant and SUPER hormonal but I'm doubting it.  Brent will probably have to carry me out on the first day or knowing him, he'll run claiming he has no idea who the crazy lady is.  :)

1 comment:

Momoi said...

I love Cecilia's expressions on the school pictures!