Friday, May 7, 2010

First Week Back

It was my first week back to work and I fell back into my old routine pretty quickly. I think everyone was worried I would have a hard time coming back but the truth is I was tired of looking at the inside of my house. The only thing I was worried about was Cecilia going to daycare. I have been trippin' over the thought of her going to daycare for a week and Monday night I cried putting her to bed. I thought about her all day on Tuesday and 4 o'clock couldn't come sooner. I had told my friend at work that was covering for me to make sure I had a week's worth of work to catch up on so I wouldn't have time to think about Cecilia being at daycare. She followed my instructions very well!

When I went to pick Cecilia up she was very content sitting in a bouncer. I was thankful she wasn't crying. I did however cry all the way home. She would barely look at me when I talked to her and she felt distant. (Yes I am fully aware I am talking about a 6 week old baby as if she had any idea of what is going on) I was a mess Tuesday night and cried putting her to bed again. I told myself I was just going to have to suck it up and get over it. Staying home with her isn't an option right now and she needs to be around other children.

Wednesday when I went to get her she was sound asleep in her teacher's arms and had been an angel all day! For some reason this made me feel so much better. My main concern with daycare was I thought she wouldn't feel loved. I thought with her being the youngest one in her class, she would be left in a crib. Dumb thought but it was the vision in my head. So seeing her being rocked and loved on made my day. Plus my cousin's baby girl was in there too and this made me feel tons better. I know her and Cecilia can't talk to each other but I like knowing they are in there together. There cribs are even close together.

By yesterday, I was completely ok with the thought of daycare and Cecilia seems to be satisfied. The teachers are so sweet and I think I'm really going to like them. They were even sweet enough to make us Mother's Day cards. I hate to say I almost threw it away because it was just a little poem on a folded sheet of paper but when you opened it they had Cecilia's hand prints on the inside and they had written 'Happy Mother's Day! Love, Cecilia.' Is that not sweet of them to do that? I cried when I opened it! It was my first Mother's Day card.

This is Cecilia right before going to daycare. I made Brent take a picture before they left and the picture tells the story of what she thought about going to daycare. You can't see it but she is giving him what looks like the evil eye and it appears to be her middle finger sticking up! I died looking at this picture! It is just too funny!

Oh and she has started to grab at things lately. Not toys or anything like that, just our fingers and...
The kid has a death grip on my hair. Thank goodness she hasn't learned to pull yet! Ponytails will become my new best friend!

No comments: