Monday, May 10, 2010

My First Mother's Day

My day started with Brent taking the first shift of the day feeding Cecilia so I could sleep in and boy did I! I forgot how good it feels to sleep late! Had it been my only gift of the day, I would have been in heaven!

After I got out of the shower, Brent was laying on the bed with Cecilia as she went in and out of sleep. I joined them and we enjoyed a lazy morning of talking and playing with Cecilia. They even gave me a card with two amazing gifts inside. Well not so much actual gifts as to coupons for me to cash in later. The first coupon was a month of tanning. Guess Cecilia is tired of looking at my pasty skin as much as I am! And the second coupon was for a dinner of my choice. I'm already planning our night out!

After our family time, we finished getting ready and loaded up to head to Nashville to take Brent's brother, Brandon, to the airport. Brandon came into town for a long weekend to meet Cecilia. We had a great time with him and we were so glad he could take off to see her.

We stopped in Rivergate to grab some lunch and this was Cecilia first experience in a real restaurant. She did great! It was even getting close to feeding time but she just sat in her car seat and looked around! Hope she acts like that every time we want to go out.

We dropped Brandon off at the airport and Brent told me he would take me to Green Hills mall to shop. Ahh music to my ears! I haven't been to Green Hills in like 2 years and I was super excited about going. I found lots of things I liked but nothing I couldn't live without. Plus I still have a few pounds to drop so I'm not really ready to buy anything until that happens but it was nice walking around. Again Cecilia did great and was wide-eyed the whole time!

It was time to head to Franklin to my parent's house for dinner. My parent's were fixing dinner for my 2 grandmothers and we decided to join them.
Cecilia was pooped after all the shopping and slept the whole way home.

When we got to Momoi and Pap's, we played a little before dinner.

Then we were out for the rest of the night! I felt bad because my grandmothers didn't get to love on her because she slept the whole time they were there! Guess her day out on the town wore her out!
The whole day I kept meaning to take more pictures of her and I but I failed! We finally got one right before bed.


Cecilia and I on our first Mother's Day.
Cecilia, I have dreamed of you for so many years. You can't even imagine how excited I was when I found out I was pregnant. I immediately began dreaming of what you would look like and what kind of person you would turn out to be. You were honestly an answered pray. The day you arrived was one of the best days of my life. I looked at you in awe and I couldn't believe God had blessed me with such a beautiful baby girl. I was overcome with joy and I never knew I could love someone in an instant as much as I loved you. I am going to take in every moment we have together and enjoy watching you grow into the woman God has planned. I love you and thank you for making my first Mother's Day special and memorable!

No comments: