Monday, October 4, 2010

Homecoming

Homecoming is a big deal in small towns. All week long you can find store front's painted, high school kids running around town in their school colors doing silly things to earn points for their class, and at the end of the week the whole town shuts down for an hour to watch the parade.

My hometown in no different and last week was my old high school's Homecoming.

And since Cecilia was staying with my Nanny on Friday, she was able to experience her first Homecoming parade.


She is anxiously awaiting the decorated floats and the big tractors that pull them.

The excitement of all the candy being thrown and all the beautiful Homecoming candidates stops her in her tracks.

Brayden was so excited about the whole thing he fell asleep at the sheer thought of all those tractors and pretty floats.

Brayden apparently slept through the whole thing while Cecilia just sat there starring. You will notice that Cecilia is dressed as if it is cold and yet she has no shoes or socks on. Hmm...what a fantastic mother I am. I was so worried about wind blowing on her ears that I completely forgot about her feet!

After the parade, Cecilia got to hang out with my mom and her co-workers for a bit until I could get there.


She was good for them and they loved having her there.




Unfortunately though, because she was wearing a light blue top she got called a boy. Thankfully my mom's boss jumped right in and asked him the last time he saw a boy wearing a bow.
That's the third time that has happened. Since Halloween is approaching I think I will go buy her a wig until she grows her own hair. Maybe then we won't have anymore confusion.
(Thanks Freak for taking the pics! You did a good job!)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm guessing that coworker was probably Pam :) She never fails to speak up!