Sunday, October 10, 2010

I Blinked

I'm sitting here at 8:38 pm wondering where my weekend just went. I feel as though I blinked on Friday night and now it is Sunday night. We had another packed weekend that has left us all completely exhausted.
We kicked our weekend off with a yard sale at my Nanny's. I don't really do yard sales. I HATE pulling all my unwanted junk out of closets and the attic, pricing it, and having it sit in my guest bedroom awaiting for the day I haul it out the door. But I had all Cecilia's clothes I wanted to get rid of so I decided to bite the bullet and just do it.
The yard sale sellers consisted of Nanny (well she only had like 2 items. apparently she "doesn't have anything she needs to get rid of." guess she couldn't find anything in those 2 attics of hers!), my aunt, uncle, Kelli, Kristopher, my mom, and myself.
The good thing about the whole thing other than walking away with some $$ was Cecilia got to hang out with the family.
She was passed around and she kept us entertained during the LONG periods of time when there were no customers.


Nanny even allowed her to help her with the cash box.


The yard sale was a semi success. I got rid of about 1/4th of her clothes and got some cash to buy her fall clothes. I think I'm taking the rest to consignment. It's easier that way.


Hanging out on Nan's glider.

Today, we had a birthday celebration for my great, great Aunt Kathryn. She will be 96 tomorrow and my Granny wanted to celebrate this amazing point in time. Aunt Kathryn still lives by herself and is still sharp as a tack.


I tease my Granny about out lasting us all, and she always replies that Aunt Kathryn will be the one to do that! I can't imagine all the things she has seen in her lifetime. The woman amazes me!


Lots of her friends and family came by to wish her a happy birthday. I'm bettin' we do this all over again at her 100th birthday! :)



Table decoration


This afternoon we headed out to Jackson's Orchard to get Cecilia a pumpkin and enjoy their Fall Festival.
It was a nice day but a little warm for fall (note C in a summer dress!). There wasn't too big of a crowd so we were able to enjoy ourselves and she loved watching all the people mill around. I really wanted to take her on the hayride but there was a huge line and I just didn't think it was worth it. We opted for a fried apple pie with ice cream and apple chips and caramel instead! :)




A good time was had by all and Cecilia ended up walking away with 4 pumpkins. One (the one next to her) her Daddy swears he is going to carve for her. We shall see!

No comments: