Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Grandparent's Day

On Sunday, Brent and I fixed lunch for our parents (his were down for the weekend) for Grandparent's day.

He grilled the pork chops while I cooked veggies.  We had a nice lunch and Cecilia managed to be very sweet and adorable for everyone.  She had an audience the whole day and was loving it!

We gave our parents these little signs as a gift...

(excuse the background.  I forgot to take a picture so I had Mom bring it when she picked me up so my legs was the best I could do ) 

It was supposed to be of her footprints but someone has a phobia about her feet.  I tried for a week to get her to do it and she screamed bloody murder and curled her toes each time.  I even tried in her sleep and she woke up crying.  She wouldn't even let me trace them.  She freaked as soon as I put her foot on the board. 

I finally had to wait until she was in a deep deep sleep to get her foot traced.  The child is nuts!  What makes it worse is I walked in Friday at school to find a picture of her footprints.  I was ticked!  I asked the teacher if she cried and she said Cecilia was a little hesitate but didn't mind it.  ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!  I gave her my story about how she acted all week for me and you know what she said, 'well maybe you should just bring it us next time and we will get it done.'  Why yes, actually you can have my child for the next 16.5 years because clearly she will behave for you! 
After lunch was done and gifts were given, playtime was necessary.



Cecilia had so much fun/attention that when everyone left, she laid in the floor talking to Wormie the rest of the night.

No comments: