Sunday, September 4, 2011

The Paintin' Place

Saturday's activity took us to a cute little place here in town to paint pottery.

I wasn't sure if Cecilia would be in the mood or not to cooperate but after a warming up a bit, she painted like nobody's business.


She bounced between Mom and I a few times before finally settling and painting her masterpiece.



She kept getting distracted by the paint on her hands and her arm.  She would paint a second then stop and point to the paint on her arm.  It was clearly bothering her.

As you can see, I just let her go to town with the paint.  I wasn't going to force her to try and create something.  I wanted something that she did all by herself.  I don't think the people that work there could quite understand that.  They kept asking if I was going to put her hand print on it.  I had to tell them several times, no I was going to just let her be.


Cecilia seemed to have a good time so I think we will be back to again express our creative side.

No comments: