Saturday, October 22, 2011

Friday Night Date

Brent had to work a little longer than expected Friday night so that gave Cecilia and I an opportunity to have a date night.

She tried not to act too excited...


but then just couldn't contain it.


Our first stop was Toys R Us.  I went in thinking I would let her get whatever toy (within reason) she picked up and held on to.  We walked up and down every aisle looking at all the toys that made noise and lit up.  We round the corner to find a bin full of balls.  She goes straight to it and digs deep to find this...


Of all the things she could have picked out, she picks out a 2 dollar toy.  Its made with the same kind of material as Wormie and he/she/it has made the bedtime must have list.  Wonder if I'll always get out of Toys R Us that cheap?

We then went to grab something to eat.  I decided to go to Sonic because A. Brent hates Sonic so I never get to go  B. It was the only place I could contain her and not get embarrassed if she acted a fool and C. I knew Cecilia would get a kick out of eating in the car.

She was on cloud 9 when I put her in the front seat and immediately started pushing all the car buttons and pretended to drive.  She had so much fun and even sat still to eat.


We finished the night with a little car jig.


It doesn't take much for her to start breaking it down when she hears music!

I love our little dates/girl time.  I will one day be put on the back burner when friends and boys come into the picture but I'll have these memories to fall back on.

No comments: