Monday, January 9, 2012

Resolutions

Yes, I'm fully aware that I'm 9 days into the new year and just now starting my new year resolutions but I needed some more time to think about what I wanted to accomplish this year (and continue popping chocolate peppermint candies like an addict pops pills before declaring better eating habits!).  I hate setting goals that fall to the wayside by mid January.  I get bored easily and lose focus.  I wanted to set real goals that I know I can accomplish.

So here is what I have so far...

1.  Eat better.  I'm not a horrible eater but lately I have been addicted to sugared cereals, too many cokes a day and french fries.  Oh and the chocolate peppermint candies I mentioned above.

I would say lose some weight but I don't want to hear people say that I don't need to.  You people have no idea what goodness lays beneath my clothes!  But I know that if I will get better a few pounds will come off.  Of course I could just go exercise but its highly overrated and I'm highly lazy!

2.  Get on a budget.  Brent and I had been on a budget a few years ago but Cecilia was born and she came with LOTS of medical bills that first year so we got off track.  I was tired of wondering where money was going so a budget helps us to keep track of that and helps us not to overspend.  I'm WAY more excited about it than Brent.  He thinks they are a good idea until he wants something outside the budget but we each get an allowance so he will just have to save up! :)

3.  Chill and relax.  I have a bad habit of hitting the door at night in full force.  I'm always doing something (cleaning, laundry, straighting things that are just going to get destroyed 2 minutes later by a toddler, etc).  I typically never sit down much or take time to really be with Cecilia and Brent.  It drives Brent nuts!  On a typical night when he is there you can hear him say "sit down," "what are you doing now," "will you just relax.  that doesn't have to be done right now."  "will you please sit down."  And even when he isn't there, when I run to do something I can hear his voice echoing in the walls!  :)  So I've decided to just relax and play more with Cecilia instead of jumping up every time she goes off by herself to play.

4.  Read more.  Before Cecilia came along I was known for reading at least 3 books a month.  It was all I did when I had spare time.  I miss reading and wanted to get back into it.  Thanks to my parents, I have a NOOK tablet and I will be reading whenever I get the chance!

Short list I know but they are important to me and I'm hoping as the year progresses I will set more goals.  I already have a few in mind but don't want overwhelm myself and get discouraged and give up.  So for now this is my list.

No comments: