Thursday, January 12, 2012

Sun Kissed

Ok so I'm not sure what happened last night but apparently I hit "Publish Post" instead of "Save Now" so my crazy ramblings got posted last night when they weren't supposed to.  If you happened to jump on here early and saw that I apologize.  I was trying to write but Brent had the latest trash tv show on and I was caught up in that.  Plus I was having to yell and him and the dog to cool it and stop wrestling around.  I have no idea what I wrote or if it made any sense.  So I'm sorry if you wasted your time reading it.

Now that I have that out of the way, I will try to put something together that makes sense.

I have found a new product (thanks to my WONDERFUL hairdresser) that I am just wild about!  You may be thinking hair product but you would be wrong.  It is actually a self tanning product.  It's called Tan Towel and I am LOVIN' it right now.


I was a tanning bed junkie during my college years but after marriage and a baby, I have no time really to lay in the tanning bed.  I'm always trying the latest lotions that promise not to turn you orange and fast results. But I never like the results and I feel like I smell like tanning lotion all day.  Spray tans scare me thanks to the Friends episode where it goes terribly wrong for Ross and there is no way I'm going to let some young size 00 girl airbrush me while she judges my stretchmarks and muffin top.  No.Thank.You!

So every time I get my hair done, I ask my hairdresser if she would get in the airbrush business.  She is only person I show off my muffin tops to.  She is one of my mom's best friends and been in my life since day one.  There would be no judgement.

The last time I brought it up, she told me about Tan Towel.  My mom got us a box and I tried it for the first time Saturday.  It promised to be easy and show results in 2 to 4 hours.  Let me tell you, that was the EASIEST self tanning I have ever done and after 4 hours I was 1 to 2 shades darker!  I couldn't believe it!

I have used 2 more towels since Saturday and I'm pretty pleased with my color.  Brent even noticed that I had lost my Casper look!  The directions say to apply 2 to 3 times a week to maintain but I'm thinking in the winter I may just use 1 a week.  I made a few rookie mistakes but nothing that can't be covered by clothes.

We have only been able to find it at the beauty supply shop and on HSN.com.  They are cheaper at the supply shop but I'm hoping I can catch it on tv sometime and get a better deal than on the website.

So if you are needing a quick and easy tan without the tanning bed, grab some Tan Towels.  They work like magic!

No comments: