Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Worth the Wait

After Christmas, I decided to hold back some of Cecilia's toys she got so I could pull them out when we were tired of playing with what we already had or needed something new when trapped enjoying the weekend at home.  I read where another mom did this and I thought it was genius!

Sunday when we just couldn't color another page or play anymore babies, I pulled out one of her Christmas toys.  It was a tent and tunnel that my aunt and uncle got her and she loved it!




I had to crawl thru it a few times to show her how it was fun (yes I fit. barely) but then she got the hang of it.


She even got her daddy to join the fun!


Last night after a few passes thru the tunnel, she wanted to put it up because she had discovered another new toy under the bed.

(excuse the pjays at 4pm.  Daddy/daughter day consisted of staying in pjays all day.  It's how they roll)

 When I got it, I didn't really think it was a boys toy but after putting it together and seeing it, it kind of is.  Oh well!  She loves all the noises it makes and all the things you can push.  She played with it off and on all night so who cares if it is boyish.  We don't have to be all babies and tea parties.

I'm so glad I held a few toys back.  Having something new to pull out in our desperate times was just what we needed not to go crazy.

No comments: