Monday, April 16, 2012

Bootcamp Update

Well I am happy to report that Doggie Bootcamp is over and a complete fail.  I'm not happy that we didn't make any progress but I am happy that Dawson will be returning home today.  I'm not sure if I told you but the dog is NUTS.  Oh there were a few moments where he and Colt got along but by Saturday they had had enough so I had to play rotate the dog all weekend to give each a good balance of alone time and playtime.  Dawson is not a fan of alone time so you can imagine how well that went over.

Dawson also barks which I know most dogs do but mine doesn't.  We trained him early on not to bark and I can count on one hand how many times he has barked.  Cecilia is not a fan of barking dogs.  She was, however, a fan of taking Dawson outside to potty and letting him play with her for a little while in her room.  So getting her used to him more was a success.

We love Dawson but it is time for homeboy to go back home!  Since he has arrived at my house, I managed to fall off our bed hitting the night table on my way down, run into the door facing and jam my toes into the ottoman leg.  After the last episode, Brent was ready to lock me in a padded room.  :)

We've never been so happy a weekend is over!

2 comments:

Melinda said...

I admit my dog is spoiled and needs some training. I wanted to board him but "someone" thought she could handle it :) Now, she knows what I deal with when she's out of town. Gotta love these dogs!

kaciemiller said...

That was before "someone" realized that your dog needs meds. And you let me know the next time my dog stops hidding under your bed and bounces off the walls for 12 hours straight.