Monday, July 30, 2012

Our weekend turned out pretty fabulous.  Mom and I had a good time Friday night at the women's event at church.  We spent Saturday doing chores around the house, watching the Olympics and begging C to use the potty (she decided to take the day off potty training! Argh!)

Saturday night, we met at Outback to celebrate my mom's birthday.  On our way out the door, C spotted her "new" toy.


  Our neighbor's girls have outgrown this little trike so he gave it to us. It was a huge hit!

C and I before dinner.

After dinner, we came back to our house for cupcakes.  Brent and I had stopped at GiGi's before dinner to pick up this lovely little things.


Yikes!  They are sooo good but oh so NOT healthy!

Then on Sunday (my mom's actual birthday), C and I headed to my parent's to hang out.  We Skyped with my brother and sister in law who wore birthday hats the entire chat!

We went to my Nanny's late afternoon and ending up picking cucumbers and squash out of the garden.



This was Cecilia first experience with the garden so Nanny showed her the ropes.





The only part she didn't get was that you were supposed to KEEP what you picked.  She keep throwing them back in!

After picking, I took her over to the fence to look at the cows.


I thought she would be scared of them but she wasn't at all.  Nanny tried to get them to come a little closer so they could pet them.  Too bad they were smart enough to know about the electric fence!


Next time I'll have to bring boots so we can go in the field and get closer.

Our night ended with a quick Jeep ride around the country.

Cecilia was dead asleep in the car within 2 minutes of leaving my parent's.  She had simply had too much fun.

2 comments:

Momoi said...

It was a wonderful weekend! I'm glad Cecilia enjoyed my birthday too!

Emily said...

Those cupcakes look so good!!! And again, I'm loving the bangs!! :)