Monday, February 4, 2013

Weekend Recap

Last week was bananas for me at work!  I volunteered to cover my boss while he was in and out of the office all of last week.  I will think twice before I do that again!  I ran around like a chicken with my head cut off from time I got there to the time I left.  Most nights I came home unable to think or move.  Whew!  I'm glad last week is over and I survived without killing any of my co-workers.
 
We ended the week very low key.  Friday night, I had some Target shopping to do.  I scored on a few goodies but I think C made out the best.
 
 
Her daddy is a bigger sucker than I am.  C just had to have a Magna Doddle and Brent was more than willing to say yes because 'we never buy her anything.'  Yes she is a very deprived little girl with a room full of toys.

 
Saturday we didn't do much of anything.
 
Sunday, I helped host a baby shower for Alicia.  Baby Eli is about a month out from being here so we showered her with lots of love.

 
Rolo cupcakes.  These things were ridiculous!
 
 
During the party, we were each given a card to write down things we wish for Eli as he grows.  That was the hardest part of the whole shower!  The cards were cute and something that Alicia and Eli can look back at through the years.

 
Eli's nursery is safari themed and Alicia had mentioned that she would love to get a big stuffed giraffe for the room.
 
Wish granted!

 
We've had this thing at our house for about a month and C has loved it and it has scared me more times that I care to mention.  I was smart enough to tell her from the beginning that this was baby Eli's so we wouldn't have a meltdown when it disappeared.
 
Hostess with the mama to be.

 
I was a complete failure at getting a picture at the food table.  Not sure where my head was but clearly not where it needed to be.
 
We all agreed that the shower was a success and Alicia walked away with lots of fun goodies and advice. :)
 
Sunday was a big day for me and my family.  Our beloved Niners were in the Super Bowl.  To say I was a little nervous is an understatement.  I was on edge the entire game!  I was so glad my parents asked to keep C because she did not need to see me like that.  I was also glad we didn't have any guests coming over to watch with us.  No one needs to witness me actin' a fool.  I sent my brother a text before the first quarter ever ended telling him I was going to have a heart attack.  He told me to chill.  Chill I did not.
 
Brent was even a little shocked at my behavior.   Even though I was disappointed they didn't win, the best team won.  I'm just glad football season is over so my nerves can take a break.

1 comment:

Momoi said...

I was just thinking that Cecilia needed a Magna Doodle since she loves that little one. She told me she had a big drawing thing at home.