Thursday, April 23, 2015

Getting Prepared Part 2

Yesterday, we took C to register for Kindergarten.  It was a simple process and thankfully I held it together.


C thought she was going to stay and start school that day.  I swear the more anxiety I have about her starting Kindergarten, the more she proves to me she can handle it.  We have a few open houses' at school over the next couple of months and I'm hoping her excitement only grows from that.

After registration, we had to make a not so fun stop by her pediatrician's lab to get blood work and give a urine sample.  Both are required before she starts school and I have done my best to prepare her for this trip except I didn't know there would be blood work.  Mama fail.

I was slightly nervous about how she would do because even though she has had 2 surgeries, she has never been awake for the needles.  I got even more nervous when the nurse asked if we needed to go to the bedroom.  I had no idea what that meant but I assumed it meant restraining her and that would be worse than the actual needle.  I assured her C could handle it and doubled checked with C that she would be ok.  She climbed in my lap, put her head in my chest and softly cried through the whole thing.  She didn't flinch or make a big scene.  That is until we had to go to the bathroom for the urine test.  That's when the tears got bigger and her cries got a little louder.  By this time I'm sweating bullets and nothing I'm doing is calming her down.  Things are starting to get a little more dramatic.  I finally managed to get her to calm down enough to do what we needed to do.  Of course that's when I get super dramatic about the position I have to be in to get the urine sample and nearly lose it because my arm is in a PUBLIC TOILET!  

We get back out to the waiting room where B was waiting and he had the gaul to say, "Well that was pretty easy.  Everything went great right?"  Umm, yes dear it did.  I just had my arm in a PUBLIC TOILET and your child and I are both sweating profusely but no big deal.


Her and I both needed a treat after that experience.  She requested Chic-fil-a and she was all smiles by the time we got there.  I needed a stiff drink but a Diet Dr. Pepper had to do.  

3 comments:

Emily said...

Oh my dear sweet Kacie, you are too funny. Glad everyone made it out of that scenario okay!

Momois said...

Whew! That's all I can say!

Erin said...

WHAT?! They have to do blood work?! Oh dear Lord, my child is going to FLIP out.