Sunday, November 8, 2009

20 Weeks


Or so I think! I forgot to mention on Wednesday when we went to the doctor that the baby actually measured a week earlier. Since it was only a week the doctor wasn't going to change my due date but told me not to be alarmed if I'm a week past my due date.
I'm still doing great. The only issue right now is sleeping. I can't seem to sleep at night because I'm not a side sleeper and that is the only position I'm supposed to sleep in. Not only just my side, but preferably my left side. I wake up a lot with my arm hurting from sleeping on it or changing positions. It is quiet annoying but I will just have to get over it. I'm also experiencing major "growing pains" that sometimes keep me up. I think on Saturday I woke up at about 4:30 and never really got back to sleep. Oh the joys of being pregnant! At least none of my body parts are swollen...yet.
As far as our weekend went, I stayed pretty busy. Since Brent and I were up with the chickens on Saturday we decided that we would start clearing out the pink room. We only got as far as the closet because I had no idea how much stuff was in there and I had already filled the other closet with stuff from in there so the rest of it went in the floor. I'm feeling at little overwhelmed with making room only because I HATE clutter and it is everywhere in my house! Our back bedroom is currently filled with maternity clothes and clothes I'm taking to consignment. The pink room floor is almost unseen with things that need to make their way to the attic. It is a mad house around here! I'm hoping soon I will get my house back!
Later on Saturday, my mom came up and we did a little shopping. There was a local gift shop having their Christmas Open House and I was on a mission to find Christmas stockings for us. Well I was denied, but at least my mom racked up and got some of her Christmas gifts out of the way. Next to the gift shop is a children's clothing store and of course I went over to look. They had the CUTEST things and I picked out several outfits that I wanted. They had a pair of bloomers that I just HAVE to have! I'm hoping since most of everything I picked out was Christmas stuff that she will run a sale after the holidays. We also went to the mall where my mom just had to buy a few clothing items for the baby! They were really cute and Brent and I had so much fun looking at girl clothes. OK, I had more fun that he did but he wasn't totally miserable. He seems to have an opinion on how I will be dressing her and we disagree on a few things. Like bows as big as her head. According to Brent they have to be proportional to her head so NO big bows! Ha! I will let him live that dream for awhile then throw on those big bows when he isn't around. They are just too cute!
Today, the hospital where I will be delivering had a pregnancy fair. We got a lot of free goodies and signed up for a million door prizes. We also got a tour of the labor and delivery wing. Things are starting to set in with me that I'm having a baby. That all this isn't just a dream. Brent is starting to really get excited and is hitting the door running with all the information we are getting. He actually asks more questions that I do. Actually, he asks ALL the questions. I seem to also be in a daze. Not sure why; maybe just overwhelmed and need time to process.
This is a wild journey and thank goodness I'm not doing it alone!!

1 comment:

Kelli said...

I'm liking what I'm seeing...That lil baby bump! CUTE! :-)