Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Survey Says...


It's a girl!!! We were both 95% sure it was a girl and the doctor confirmed our hunch. We were both amazed at watching the ultrasound. We could hardly tell what anything was and I thought her legs were her arms and her butt was her head! You will see from the video below that to a normal person not everything is easy to pick out. There are a few moments where the video pauses and he was either taking a picture or showing us different things. At one point he puts the monitor right at her heart and you can see the 4 chambers and it beating (CRAZY!!!) and then another time he shows us her brain. There isn't a really good picture of her face because she decided to be difficult and have her arms up the whole time. Even now watching it, it still doesn't feel real. We are in awe and find it hard to believe that that is the baby inside.



Now on to the questions...do we have a baby name? No, we had a boy's name but we haven't been able to decide on a girl's. Not that I would tell anyway. My Nanny told me that was rude, but that's just because she wants to know. But we decided that we aren't telling the names A. because we don't have one and B. because we are trying to pick out a name that no one we know has and if we finally settle on one we don't someone saying 'oh so and so just named their baby that.' Plus some things just have to be a surprise! I will guarantee you it will not start with an A or B. 3 out of the 4 great grandchildren on Brent's side all have A names and actually they all have AMM initials. No B names because Brent and his 2 brothers are B's. If you know anything about me, you know I love being different so I have to think outside the box. Don't worry I won't pick a weird name that no one will be able to pronounce (Nanny!).



Are we excited? VERY!!! As we were waiting to see the doctor after the ultrasound, I started rattling off Brent's To Do List. (as you will notice I said BRENT'S). :) He told me to chill out. That we still had 5 more months and that everything didn't have to be done this weekend. I am such a planner and it drives me crazy to do a little at a time, but to keep my husband happy I will have to learn how to take it slow.



Are you disappointed? Not at all! We have always said we wanted a boy and a girl so it didn't matter which one came first. Plus, with us being so sure it was a girl, today was just confirmation of our gut feeling. I think it will be fun for Brent to have 2 priss pots on his hands!



Well, here is the video of the ultrasound. It takes it a minute to starting showing anything so don't freak out when you stare at a black screen.


4 comments:

Alicia said...

Congratulations! I was thinking about you all day long on the airplane! Can't wait to meet the little princess! She'll be a beauty, no doubt!

Anonymous said...

Yay!!!! I'm so excited for you guys!!! Two priss pots - hahaha that made me laugh out loud!! Poor Brent is right! :) I can't wait to meet her - she is going to be beautiful!! Congrats, Millers!!

Unknown said...

Congrats on the girl. We were like you we had a boy name ready and had a hard time picking out a girl name. we actually had to change Kates name because of you B. Someone saying so and so named their baby that. Congrats again.

missy duncan said...

I know you and your Mom can't wait to SHOP TO YOU DROP...ha. I am sure she will be as pretty as her MOM.Tell Brent that he will learn way to soon about "Daddy's Little Girl"