Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Belle is on the MOVE!!!

That's right folks, Belle is moving around in my stomach!

Last week I started feeling little bubble like movements. Thinking it probably wasn't gas since nothing was coming out (thank goodness!), I just knew it was Belle moving. She didn't move around a lot at first, but as the week went on she really started moving more. On Sunday night I was laying in bed feeling her movements stronger than before. I put my hand on my stomach just to see if I would be able to feel her on the outside. Well I did! I got so excited and yelled for Brent to come back there so he could feel. I put his hand where she had been kicking and every time I felt her I would say 'did ya feel that?' 'How 'bout that one?' 'There she goes.' Finally he told me to stop talking because apparently he needed full concentration when trying to feel her. He is almost positive he felt her, but also said it could have been me moving.

The next night she really had a fit and was kicking and moving around like crazy. Once again I yelled for Brent and told him how to lay his hand. As soon as he laid it on my belly she kicked him one good time! His eyes got big a saucers! He laid there for awhile and every time she kicked he would say 'did ya feel that?' 'There's one.' I said 'hello who do you think she is kicking!' It is by far the coolest thing so far in the pregnancy!

They say you can tell what her sleeping patterns will be when she is moving around and if that's true then I am extremely happy! I usually feel her right when I wake up at about 5:25. I set my alarm about 15 minutes earlier than I need to get up so while I am laying there those few extra minutes she usually starts moving around. Then I can typically feel her again several hours later and then she is on the move right before I go to bed. Tonight, however, she has been moving most of the night. I have a feeling she is trying to make some room in there after the HUGE lunch I had at work. We had our Thanksgiving lunch today and I stuffed myself to the brim! I'm pretty sure when I go to the doctor next week, I will have gained about 6 pounds from this week! Oh well! It will be well worth it!

No comments: