Monday, November 2, 2009

The Maternity Store Threw Up...


And it landed in my guest bedroom! Thanks to a wonderful family friend, I had a stack of clothes and 2 totes full of maternity clothes to look through this weekend. Plus, a girl in my Sunday School class brought me a bag full yesterday. It has been awhile since that many clothes were thrown from here, there, and yonder in my house. Sadly, I am not quite ready for maternity clothes yet. I was hoping my now I would have a noticeable belly, but that just hasn't happened. I know I should be grateful not to have spread from head to toe, but it would be nice to not get looks from people when I wander into the maternity sections. I am tempted to where a sign that 'Yes I'm pregnant. I'm allowed to be here!' Oh well! People are assuring me that one day it will all come, until then I will just have to accept my small swell. (I will post a new pic of me on Friday marking my halfway point)


Besides looking through maternity clothes, I spent the majority of my day Saturday with my Nanny. We were working on my wedding quilt. Yes, I realize I have been married 3 years and it isn't complete. I am bound and determined to have it complete by the time the baby comes. Hopefully, sooner because I have lots of other sewing projects lined up for the baby. Whether she likes it or not Nanny is stuck with me for the next couple of months working on this quilt because as I have said I love to sew but I am by no means as good as she is or all that great.
Sunday was a big day in the Miller household. It was Sunday afternoon football and our favorite teams were playing each other. Colts vs 49ers. I'm not sure I have ever actually yelled at the tv during a game before as much as I did Sunday. Our dog, Colt (gee wonder how we came up with that name), was trying to take his afternoon nap in my lap but I keep yelling and clapping and he couldn't get his full nap in. I knew the Niners weren't going to win but they did better than I thought. We only lost by 4 and we were the first to score a touchdown. It also helped Peyton wasn't at the top of his game.


Also on Sunday, I experienced my first "nesting" episode. Our house doesn't have that much storage and every closet is stuffed full. I worried about this issue before I ever became pregnant but blew off the task of purging until I was actually pregnant. Well, the day has come and I am proud to say I emptied out one whole closet and either made room for it in my closet or ditched it. I ran around here like a mad woman throwing clothes, hangers, and whatever else that got in my way. I can't tell you how much better I feel. I am now ready to tackle clearing out the bedroom for the baby. Depending on what we have depends on which room we clear out. When we painted our house we went ahead and painted the bedrooms according to gender. So Wednesday we will see if we are clearing out the pink room or the grey room. Oh what fun we will have! Please feel free to stop by if you like to be bossed around because with my limited lifting ability I'm pretty sure I will be very vocal on how exactly I want it done! Brent is super excited!!!

1 comment:

Kelli said...

I am SUPER excited about finding out the gender of this baby!!! Between the Mayeur/Moseley family and the Miller family this baby is going to be spoiled rotten and I can't wait! I love you! =)