Tuesday, November 17, 2009

HIS Daughter

Brent called me yesterday at work saying he wanted to go shopping for some "outfits." Knowing my husband I knew when he said outfits he could only be referring to baby clothes. I said, "are you wanting to get clothes for Belle?" (That's what we call her since I'm scared Brent will accidentally say her real name in public. Ha! and yes we have a name!!!!! And wouldn't you like to know what it is :)!!!) He said he felt bad because we haven't bought anything for HIS daughter yet. Since I love to shop, especially now, I was totally game!

So after work we headed to the mall and hit the department store first. I was pretty sure I wasn't going to find anything in there, but to my surprise we hit the jackpot! They were running a super sale and we found the cutest outfits! I even found a really cute Christmas outfit for next year that says Baby's 1st Christmas! Not only did the great sale surprise but Brent surprised me when he informed me that money was not an issue when spending it on HIS daughter. Ok, I'll play that game too! So I started grabbing more oneies. I'm only wondering how long those two things will last. I'm thinking sometime early April at 2:30 in the morning, she will become MY daughter and when she figures out the difference between designer and knock off money will be an issue. I was my daddy's girl but everything had a price tag! But hey I will ride this train for as long as it keeps chuggin'!

No comments: