Sunday, December 6, 2009

24 weeks

Here I am at 6 months and I finally look pregnant!!! And look, my butt even sticks out like a pregnant woman's! I can finally no longer zipper up my non-maternity pants and I have out grown my normal tops. Brent still says there's not much there, and he's right, but I can tell a big difference. Why just the other day I walked past our full length mirror and had to go back and check out my rump. I'm not sure why that part of your anatomy gets bigger but when I took a second look 'Baby Got Back' started playing in my head! :) I still feel great and am doing well. I'm starting to get the hang of sleeping on my sides but a new phenomenon has entered my life. It's called a Charlie Horse. Friday night I got three of them, 2 right in a row on opposite legs. It is not a fun way to wake up in the middle of the night nor is it a good time to find out that your arm is completely asleep. Trying to rub it out becomes twice as painful. On the third Charlie Horse, rubbing it wasn't working so I tried to walk it off. Bad idea. My foot decided that it would curl up so it made it impossible to walk on it. After many attempts at trying to stand on it, I bit the bullet, let a few whimpers and just put all my weight on it. Thank goodness that did the trick because I couldn't stand the pain any longer. Through it all, my husband never broke his stride in snoring! The kid can sleep through anything! Baby monitor is definitely going on his side turned all the way up!

We spent our weekend with Brent's good friend from college, Matt, his wife, and their unbelievably precious 4 month old daughter. Since her birth, we have yet to lay eyes on Maci so this was our first meeting and she was sooo adorable. She came in grinning and didn't stop! She was the best baby and it was so fun having a baby in the house. It definitely made us both anxious to have own here.

Our weekend was very relaxing as it usually is when we get together. We did a little shopping on Saturday then came home to watch some football and just hang out. We had a wonderful weekend and our only wish is that we lived closer to each other. Hopefully we will be able to get together one more time before Belle comes. After that it could get interesting having 2 babies around!

No comments: