Wednesday, December 30, 2009

28 Week Check Up

I had my monthly doctor's appointment today. As usually everything was looking and sounding good. Well, everything but the weight I gained! I literally almost fainted when I did the math in my head on how much I gained! I made the nurse double check the numbers praying that I had miscalculated. Sadly I hadn't. She told me I should have two spikes in weight, one early on and then another. I told her I better not have another one since I was already at the 7 month mark! They may have to pick me up off the floor next time! Of course the doctor found no concern in the number but she wouldn't. She ain't the one packin' on the pounds! She tried to comfort me in saying it was just Christmas weight and that I was still right on track. I was NOT comforted! I was bound and determined not to tell Brent because I feel there are things a husband shouldn't know about their wives, weight being one of them. But as soon as I called he asked and begged me to tell him. I made him swear he wouldn't freak out or say anything about it IF I told him. He agreed and I told my weight. Being the good husband he is, he told me that it was no big deal and that Belle needed to grow. Ahh, good husband...until he got home and called me big momma! Excuse me?! He almost lost his life after that one!

I'm trying not to be one of those pregnant women who trips over the amount of weight they gain. I know I'm still not that big and I know that I need to gain for Belle and that is fine. I'm just thinking about all the work I'm going to have to do after she is born to get it off and let me tell you, me and exercising just don't go hand in hand! I'm not a very motivated person when it comes to exercising so I'm afraid I will find excuses not to. Hopefully with it being spring after she is born I will be more willing to go out and walk and be active. If not, strap a 'Wide Load' sticker to my hindend!

No comments: