Monday, December 28, 2009

Our Last Christmas

Brent and I enjoyed our last calm Christmas before children enter into our lives and bring Christmas alive again! When we were done opening our gifts at my parent's, we all looked around and realized gone are the days of our normal Christmas. Next year paper will be flying and toys will once again need to be assembled as soon as they are opened. Granted Belle will only be 9 months by Christmas next year but it will only be the beginning. I am actually quite excited about it! I have enjoyed Brent and I being able to sleep in on Christmas morning and starting our day off with just each other exchanging gifts. But the thought of having a baby around next Christmas makes me smile. We will all get excited once again about Santa coming and what surprises he will bring! It will definitely be interesting around here next year.

As our last Christmas, we did our normal routine, well kind of. Normally my parents, my brother, and Brent and I go out to eat somewhere in Bowling Green and walk around the mall to watch all the last minute shoppers scurry around. This year, however, my Dad felt like cooking so we invited my grandparents over for dinner at my parent's house. He cooked my favorite meal in the world and actually has become Brent favorite as well, Jambalaya! My dad was born in New Orleans so we have always enjoyed the Cajun cuisine. I lied, I haven't always enjoyed it but I have grown to love it! Jambalaya is by far my favorite but red beans and rice comes in a close second.

Anyway, we had a nice dinner with my grandmothers and later that night my mom, Brent and I headed off to our church's Christmas Eve service. This was a first for me and my mom and we loved it! Brent and his family have always gone on Christmas Eve and I thought it was the neatest thing and a great way to start your Christmas Day. The service was wonderful and I think we have started a new tradition.

Christmas Day started with Brent and I exchanging our stocking. We decided when we got married that for now we will just get stocking stuffers for each other and exchange on Christmas. After gifts it was time to head back to my parent's for brunch and open gifts with them. When all the packages were open, it was nap time before we headed to my Nanny's to have Christmas with my mom's side of the family. Our Christmas Day was full of gifts and food, but it wasn't over yet.

Saturday after shopping with my mom and brother's girlfriend, Leslie, we headed to my dad's mom's house for dinner and presents with that side of the family. Brent had to work of course so he missed out on the festivities but I made sure I brought him a full plate of leftovers for dinner!

Friday we will be heading to Muncie to celebrate with Brent's family. Our holidays are always extended and we love it!

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Kacie, at 9 months Kate enjoyed Christmas. She had a hard time opening up her gifts but their was definitely assembly required and she seemed to enjoy most of them. It really is so exciting on Christmas morning!