Sunday, December 13, 2009

Christmas Is In Full Swing

Have mercy! This is the first time I have had a moments time in two days! Christmas is in full swing and we have been running around like chickens with our heads cut off with all the Christmas parties and Christmas shopping. My week started with an ornament swap with a group of ladies from my old church. Since switching churches, I haven't seen many of these women in awhile so it was nice seeing them and catching up. The house was full of chatty women and the most amazing food! I have never seen such a spread of finger foods and my poor plate was overflowing! After filling our bellies it was time to swap ornaments. It was very simple, you drew a number and when it was your number was called, you picked out the gift of your choice. There was no "stealing" from one another; whatever gift you opened you left with. Some ornaments were traditional and gorgeous and others were on the funny side. I think I remember seeing a huge green glass frog with a Santa hat!

During the week Brent and I did a little Christmas shopping. The stores didn't really have what we were looking for so we did a little online shopping when we got home. I LOVE online shopping! No crowds, no lines, no women shoving you out of their way! Internet is a wonderful thing!

Friday night I had my monthly Bunco game and it being Christmastime we invited the boys and had a little Christmas party. The food was wonderful (thanks, Nat!!!) and we had the best time. Brent wasn't feeling playing Bunco, but some of the other husbands did and what a blast they had! I have never laughed so hard at a grown man screaming Bunco and getting so excited! Our games are usually pretty quite because most of us are worn out from a days work so we can't roll dice, count and talk at the same time. Friday night there was NEVER a quiet moment or dull one for that matter! One of the husbands said when we were at his house we looked like the Golden Girls rolling dice! Boys are just a lot more vocal and get into the game a lot more than we do. I'm not sure if we can handle their excitement every month but we are definitely going to have to do that again and hopefully I can get Brent in the game.

Saturday I had a full day. I had to drop Colt off at the groomer early that morning, went and did my grocery shopping before the crowd hit Wal-Mart, unloaded the car, then headed back out to meet my mom and Nanny at the mall for some Christmas shopping. I got a few more people knocked off my list but I still have so much more to do. Town was crazy so by early evening I was ready to head home. Which was good because I still had a cake to bake for our Sunday School progressive dinner that night. I'm not sure I sat down yesterday and when I landed in bed around 10:30, I was so exhausted I couldn't even close my eyes!

Thank goodness this week is not as busy..yet anyway. I'm sure I will find a million things that I need to do, but today I am relaxing. I have already had my 2 1/2 hour nap (yep I slept that long and I promise I will still go to bed at 10!) and I am about to get ready to go to my parent's church to watch my mom's Christmas program. It is a great way to get in the Christmas spirit!

No comments: