Sunday, March 28, 2010

1 Week Old

(and a day) We have survived our first week! Things continue to go great and some how we were blessed with a baby that doesn't cry much! About the only time she kind of cries is during a diaper change and it usually lasts all of 10 seconds. When she wakes up for a bottle she just makes a few grunts to let us know she is up but never cries! We are hoping this won't change.

We are currently waking up every 3 hours now to feed but as soon as she is done eating we hang out for about 45 minutes then she falls back to sleep. Last night I did a trial run on if I could handle being the only one waking up in the middle of the night to feed her since this is Brent's last week off. Since she is only up for about an hour at a time, I handled it pretty well. I got to see some shows I don't normal get to see at 3 am in the morning! I did have to take a nap late this afternoon but that was more because of it is my Sunday afternoon tradition than being tired from the night before.

Hopefully this week we can start working on getting some type of schedule down. I know it is early but the earlier we can start the better. 6 weeks will fly by and I want a schedule down before I go back to work.

Me and Cecilia a week ago

Me and Cecilia today








2 comments:

Alicia said...

Best picture ever!!! I think she's looking more like her beautiful mother!!!

Kelli said...

She is such a doll and I have to agree with Alicia she's looking more like you Kac! I need to come visit very soon! =)