Thursday, March 4, 2010

Good Golly Miss Molly!

We had an interesting doctor's visit yesterday. After about 8 months of boring doctor's visits, it is about time for a change. Nothing dramatic happened but I learned that I am now 2 cm dilated! For those who are counting that is 1 cm more than last week! Actually she told me if we tried hard enough we could make me 3. (I will NOT go into details on how that is done!) It made me very excited but I'm not going too crazy because I know I could get stuck here til my due date. Of course when I was leaving she said 'see ya next week if not before.' HA! Sorry ain't gonna happen! I have too much going on this next week, the most important is a pedicure next Thursday and I'm not going into labor without having my toes done. I will cross my legs if I have to because I'm pretty sure the nurses will not appreciate having to work around my mom in the labor room painting my toenails!

This whole time I assumed I would either be right on time or late but now it is looking like it could just be any day. Brent has decided he better start going with me to the doctor now just in case she sends us to the hopsital. And we are ready!

Our bags are packed and ready to go. Sadly, they have been packed since about mid January. I had some friends scare me into packing early because they packed a month before their due date and an hour later they were headed to the hospital! I was not going to be found unorganized and unprepared! I guess we will just have to see what this next week holds for us!


1 comment:

Melinda said...

Those are some awfully big bags for a short stay! You kill me child!