Friday, March 12, 2010

A Boost in Self Confidence

I was at my parent's house Tuesday night getting ready to host my monthly Bunco group. Mom and I were in the kitchen chatting about how we had a scare the night before thinking I was in labor. I was experiencing some pains I hadn't had yet but it turned out to be nothing. I was hustling around talking only to turn around to find my mom staring intently at my face. I said 'what is there supposed to be something on my face to tell us when I'm going into labor?' She told me that someone told her that the nose swells right before. Great! Mine was a tad larger but I was hoping it was because I had a cold. Then when talking with my Bunco girls, one of them turned to me and said you know your lips get big right before you go into labor and yours look a bit bigger. Really?! So not only is my nose getting bigger but my lips too! This is fantastic on the ole self confidence!

A little wounded from the evening, I come home and take my shoes off only to find that my feet had doubled in size! Brent's eyes about popped out of his head when he saw my feet! I told him it was only because I was on them all night and no worries they would go down the next day. Well they did but by mid day they were huge again and my shoes were starting to hurt. Good grief!

And if things could get worse. Brent had the nerve to look at me last night and say 'yeah your nose does looks a bit bigger.' If I thought I could have come across the table quick enough, he would have been mine! The copier guy at work even looked at me (my face to be more specific) today and told me he could tell I was about due!

Less than 2 weeks...

No comments: