Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Home Sweet Home

Monday we were finally able to go home and get Cecilia settled into our house. I had the whole "going home" scene played out in my head but of course it played out nothing like what was in my head. First, the outfit I had planned on her wearing was not appropriate for the weather we were having. I was not pleased but we made do with a sleeper I had bought a few weeks before. I'm not sure it would have mattered if the weather would have cooperated because everything is pretty much swallowing her whole right now. Second, we discovered that Cecilia does not dig having her clothes changed so while I was changing her she was crying and carrying on. Third, Brent was bouncing off the walls all day ready to go so he wasn't really in the mood for the little photo shoot I had planned on with Cecilia in her going home outfit. The below picture is the only one we were able to take with all the commotion that was going on. I may have to recreate the going home moment so I can get a better picture!


Once we got home, we introduced Colt to Cecilia. Colt was a little scared of her at first but in his defense she was screaming and he had no idea what to do. He hid behind Brent's legs until she calmed down. Once she settled down he sniffed her all over and tried to lick her. We feel like the meeting went well and he is slowing adjusting to someone else getting our attention.
We had a pretty quite night before bed. My brother and his girlfriend came over one last time to say their goodbyes and hold Cecilia before heading back to Atlanta. After they left it was time for one last bottle before we tried her out in her new room for the night.
Our first night wasn't that bad. I'm not saying she didn't wake up an hour or so after we put her down but I think she just wasn't digging her bed and she wasn't comfortable. I spent much of the night rocking her and holding her which I loved! We were still up at about 6:30 ready to start the day and Brent and I were feeling pretty good.
Yesterday we had to say goodbye to Brent's parents but they will be back this weekend along with Brent's younger brother, wife and daughter. We can't wait for Cecilia to meet her Uncle Bry Bry and Aunt Kaci. Oh and we are just dying to see what our niece, Aubrey, will think of her!

Bye Papaw!


Bye Grandma!
After Brent's parents left, we had a nice relaxing day and I was able to get all my laundry done and do a few things around the house. I have had plenty of energy and for the most part feel pretty normal. I keep saying I'm waiting for my body to realize what it just went through but so far it hasn't seemed to notice. I could hit a wall any day though!
Later that afternoon we had two wonderful visitors come over and bring what appears to be a weeks worth of dinners! Jaclyn and her mom, Mrs. Dianne, brought over a bunch of delicious dishes for us and our eyes lit up at all the food. They were also able to stay for awhile and visit with Cecilia. Thanks Aunt Jac and Mrs. Dianne for taking care of us! What would we do without you!
All in all we are adjusting well and taking each day as it comes. Last night was a little rough but we had expected that. We have discovered that her belly is a little upset and that might be what is keeping her up at night. We are trying something new day so we will see what tonight holds. I am so thankful that Brent is off until next Friday. It has been nice taking shifts and last night he was the only one who could calm her down. Its funny even at her worst its not that bad. Her little cries are more pitiful than ear piercing. And I may change my mind later but right now I'm kind of liking having the time with her at night when she is up holding her and talking to her. But this is only day 2 by day 5 I could be pulling my hair out!

No comments: