Wednesday, March 10, 2010

So Much to Talk About

It has been so long since I last posted and so much has happened. It has been a wild and crazy week but we have almost made it through!

We will start from the beginning...Friday my mom's wonderful co-workers threw her a Momoi's (grandmother) shower. They surprised her with food, cake and gifts that she will need when Belle is at her house. She was really surprised and we both thought it was so sweet of them to do that for her. She is now ready for Belle to come over.


This is the cake they had made for her. Since I wasn't able to come to the shower until I got off work they tried to eat around all the decorations! They did a good job because at this angle the cake looks whole. I thought the cake was really cute and it was really good too!

Saturday Mom and I helped throw Jac her first shower. I have been jazzed about this shower for a while and everything turned out great (WAY TO GO NAT!!!) for Jac's special day. We did a dress theme using pink and white as our colors. Everything was a dress pattern; invitations, centerpieces, the cake and even some cookies I managed to make. Jac got lots of gifts and adorable outfits that I know Sydney will look fabulous in!
Here is the cake. How cute is this?! Not only did it look good but it tasted delicious! I heart Sugarbakers (the people who made the cake)!

This was the food table centerpiece. I loved this carriage! I think I might have to find one for Belle.

Sunday, Brent and I had a shower at my mom's church. We walked in to a room decorated in hot pink and lime green. Not sure where they got those colors. :) One of the ladies had even made a diaper cake that was so cute! I love those diaper cake because everything on them is usable! We got TONS of wonderful gifts and we started to realize that Belle's room is quickly filling up! I think after the shower we have just about everything we need for her arrival. Alls we need is her!
This is what her room looked like when Brent brought all the gifts in. It took me 3 hours to get it all out of boxes and somewhat organized in her room. Needless to say I was wiped out after that!
Now for the Belle update. She has actually listened to me and stayed put through all my important events that I had planned for the week. We only have to make it through my pedicure tomorrow and then we are good to go. I will be hitting the pavement and walking my tail off.
I haven't made much more progress since last week which I assumed would be the case. I'm fine with that; the longer she is in there the better for her. Brent was a little disappointed I think. He was all ready to go to the hospital but we will just have to put that off for a few more days. My doctor did promise me that if I make it to my next week appointment that it would be my last. Not that that is some big thing since it is just a week before my due date. Apparently most pregnant women at this point are dying to get their child out. Not me. I guess it would be different if I were miserable but I'm not. I'm just going with the flow and when she decides to come out she will.
Well that is about all the fun events I have for now!

2 comments:

Alicia said...

I can't believe it's almost time for the big arrival! So exciting!!

Unknown said...

You think her room is full now. just wait until Christmas :)