Saturday, August 21, 2010

5 Months


Another month down! If I blink too many times you are going to be 16 and telling me I'm the worst mother ever.

You are weighing in around 18 lbs, wearing size 3-6 month clothes, and wearing size 3 diaper.

You are lovin' life and everyone around you! You greet everyone with a smile and have become an extremely happy baby. You only have your moments when you are really tired or tired of lookin' at one of us.
You started baby food this month and are really taking to it. Peas you love and we tried carrots this week. At first you weren't too crazy about them but by the 3rd bite you didn't mind it. Daddy says you are going to like everything since you are on the chubby side. Well shall see. You still have squash and green beans to try before we can move on to the fruits.
You still refuse to roll over for me and haven't for Daddy in awhile. You will, however, sit up for me. The other night you sat up for 6 Mississippi's! I think you will get it this next month.
You are grabbing for toys more and really trying to figure them out. You talk all the time and it is so fun listening to you. You will be in the middle of babbling, stop and I will ask you a question. You think for about a second then start up again. You are my entertainment in the car now!
We have had a bit of trouble lately with sleeping. For some reason you start crying in your sleep. I don't mean a little whimper but full fledged fit. I'll check up on you and your eyes aren't even open! I'm not sure if you are dreaming or hurting or what. Most of the time I can get you to calm down but last night you cried every hour! EVERY HOUR!!!!

So this is where we slept last night. I made a pallet for us so when you cried I could just reach over and put your pacifier back in and calm you. I'm not used to those night anymore! I had to peel my eyelids off my eyeballs when you decided to wake up for the day at 6am! It is moments like these that make me think you really hate me! :) Phew! You are wearing me out!

I only joke about the lack of sleep because I wouldn't trade any of this.

Its moments like this that I look at you and thank God that he allowed me to be your Mama. Soon enough I will be writing about your first day of school so I will take all of sleepless nights if it gives just a few more moments with you in a day.
Daddy and I love you, Cecilia Reid.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aww such sweet cheeks!!