Monday, August 30, 2010

Let the Showers Begin!

Over the next month I will be hosting/help hosting 3 showers. 2 wedding and 1 baby.

I love showers. Let me rephrase that...I love showers when they aren't for me. I hate sitting up there in front of everyone trying to act super excited over tea spoons that someone has clearly used for the past 40 years with cloth napkins that still have lipstick stains. "Oh my! Just wanted I always wanted. Used tea spoons! How did you know?!"

Anyway, I love the planning, the excitement, and seeing what other people get.

This weekend I helped host a wedding shower for my friend Abby. She was one of my bridesmaids and a friend forever so I was more than happy to throw her a shower.

We had a lemon theme so everything was focused around lemons and the color yellow. Here are a few pictures from the shower.

Here is the sign in table. I made lemon shaped cookies as favors for people to take as they came in. This is a close up of the goodie bag. I love Abby's monogram and it even had a lemon at the top!

Of course the yummy cake. Cake is another reason why I love showers!


We served lemonade of course and one of the girls had the idea to put sugar around the rim and add a slice of lemon. I thought the glasses were so cute!




This was the centerpieces for all the tables. I loved the way they turned out and I'm thinking my new favorite flower are these football mums. So full and pretty.
A picture of the beautiful bride to be? Yeah as soon as the party got started the camera went into the diaper bag and didn't appear again until sometime later that night. I swear I am the world's worst at taking pictures! Oh well!
With this shower down, I am so looking forward to the other 2. They are all planned out but there is still lots to do. Busy as a bee!

No comments: