Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Unexpected Days

We have many unexpected days/moments now that Cecilia is in our lives. Some are fun and some are just down right no fun at all. A simple trip to Target can turn into 'oh my gosh my child has just blessed me with a gift (running out her diaper none the less) and the nearest diaper/wipe is in the car.' This moment turns into having to change my child's diaper in the middle of Target parking lot in the back part of the car for God and all Target customers seeing her hindend.

An ordinary Wednesday turns into a trip to Auburn to see a family doctor (ped is out of town and the others I'm not fond of) about a possible case of pink eye. I use the word possible lightly because we ended up with pink eye. And when I "we" I mean Cecilia.

Another late morning call from the daycare saying I have to pick her up for possible pink eye. I assure them yet again that her tear ducts are stopped up and that she is fine. Uhh this is different; her eye is a little red and one of the other babies has it. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!

This came a day after we got a note sent home saying a child within the daycare was diagnosed with hand-foot disease. To say this has been a stressful/upsetting day would be in EXTREME understatement. I'm not sure how many times I have burst into tears. Yes I realize it is just pink eye, but once you have had your child in the doctor's office every two weeks since she is born, it gets to ya. I'm sure the pharmacist thought I was a tad nuts when he looked at me as I was on the verge of tears after he told me he didn't have the drops I needed and that I would have to go somewhere else. He apologized several times and even called it into another pharmacy. I'm pretty sure I was the first to cry because they didn't have a certain medicine.

Its been a long day and there isn't enough chocolate in the house to cheer me up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bless your heart! It's okay...deep breaths. It always seems like a snowball effect, when one thing goes wrong, then another, and the next thing you know you are crying because there are no parking spaces left at Starbucks. (Speaking from personal experience of course.) Just keep trusting that God has it all under His control..even if it seems like everything is going wrong. He knows the bigger picture! Love ya girl!