Saturday, August 14, 2010

I Guess I Have To...

I guess I need to share that Cecilia rolled over about 3 weeks ago. The only reason I haven't shared it yet is because she did it while I wasn't around and it isn't a first unless I see it.


She started one Friday night trying to roll over. I knew it would happen over the weekend and I would be able to see it. I was excited! I didn't lay the child down without watching her like a hawk. Unfortunately, she never rolled over.


The following Tuesday Brent was off work and I had forgotten all about her trying to roll over by then. That was until he called me about 9:30am and said "she did it." I was so excited and bummed at the same time. I was so happy we had our first roll over but sad I missed it. I'm so thankful Brent was there though. Could you have imagined if the daycare would have told me when I picked her up? I would have been a stay at home mom right then and there.


Of course when I got home I had all eyes on her the whole night waiting for her to show me her new trick. She didn't do it. Actually she hasn't done it for me at all! What the heck?! I was then convinced Brent was lying. IF she had rolled over she would do it again. The daycare hadn't seen her do it either. Yep he was lying! :)


I had given up on her rolling over again. That was until once again I get a phone call, "she did it." Are you kidding me?! Brent laughed and I told him if he didn't want to be called a liar then he needed to get me proof.


Ten minutes later, "I got it Ma." Fabulous!


Too bad I haven't seen this in person yet. Maybe one day she will finally stop being a punk and roll over for her mama!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a big girl!!!! Watch out mommy and daddy I am going to start doing alot of new tricks!!!

We loved the video and watching you in action.

Love you much, Grams & Paps