Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The Baby Shuffle

I used to love snow days when I was in school.

On the morning I woke up to snow, I would pray it was enough to keep us home. When I finally heard my school's name on the closed list, I would shout and jump up and down and go back to sleep.

Those days were wonderful!

Now, snow days turn my world upside down.

It hasn't happened often; only twice so far. But as soon as we see Cecilia's school's name across the screen, I'm on the phone dialing my parents to see if we can do the baby shuffle. My next call is to my Nanny to see if she cares to have a visitor.

Que baby shuffle. I take Cecilia to my parent's house. My mom takes Cecilia to my Nanny's house on her way to work.

Thankfully, she is willing to help us out when a snow day occurs or when Cecilia can't go to school. They love playing together and Cecilia is always on her best behavior. I'm not sure which one of them laughs more during the day!

I don't know how some people manage without family/friends around to help out. It takes a village these days!

No comments: