Monday, January 31, 2011

These 4 Walls

At 4 pm Sunday afternoon, I looked at Brent and told him that if I ever spend another weekend locked up in this house, someone was probably going to lose their life. And that someone would probably be him.

Over the course of my 48 hour weekend, I spent 2 hours out of the house.


It was brutal.


But that's what happens when your baby has a runny nose and a smoker's cough. I blame Brent. He brought the funk in the house the week before last, gave it to me, then we gave it to Cecilia.


It wasn't pleasant at our house. Everything that wasn't done Cecilia's way caused drama. EVERYTHING. I think we all know how well that went over with me.


Cold + teething= one cranky baby and a mama on the edge.


It wasn't all drama, snot, and tears. There were moments we would roll around on the floor and laugh and make noises to get the other one to smile.


There was a few fixer-upper projects we had to do and Cecilia was glad to help.





Never seen the girl move as fast as she did once she saw a hammer in her daddy's hand.


I attempted to clean and straighten the house but about the time I got everything shoved in a closet (out of sight, out of mind) I heard the sound of a 1000 piece puzzle hit my kitchen table.



Don't try to call us, we will be busy for the next 2 weeks.

And while we sorted through 1000 pieces that seemed to all look alike, Cecilia sat down for a movie and snack.





About 10 pieces in, I bailed on the puzzle and joined her. Toy Story 3 was WAY more interesting than the 1000 tiny pieces laying on my kitchen table.

The snotty nose is still with us but the smoker's cough is gone.

One day the sun will decide to come out and stay for good and all the snotty nose everywhere will disappear.

1 comment:

Erin said...

I feel your pain - the snotty nose and smokers cough entered our house on Sunday and is still here. I'm sitting here as I type listening to Ty cough over the baby monitor. Come on spring!!!