Friday, January 7, 2011

Long Locks

In the past couple of weeks we have noticed Cecilia's hair really filling in. So much so during bath time I am able to do this...


If I try hard enough, I could probably get it into a ponytail.


Excuse her being super close to the camera. She had just discovered she wasn't touching me so she was trying to get to me.
It is coming in dark, but what choice did it have, and a little thin. I kind of reminds me of my hair when I was younger especially when a few strands fall over her ears and stick out. It will be interesting to see which turn it makes. She could have Brent's super dark thick hair or my medium dark kind of thin hair.

I do know one thing; I will let her wear her hair however she pleases. I was never allowed to make decisions about my hair length when I was younger. I did one time when my dad took me to beauty shop. When we came home with my new short hair, my mom was not happy. I'm pretty sure my hairdresser, my dad and I all got threatened that if we ever did that again we were in MAJOR TROUBLE! And of course then my dad was never allowed to take me to the beauty shop again and my hairdresser only took orders from my mom. We all remember this story very well. It was not a good day in the Mayeur household.

Oddly enough, I have only cut my hair short twice in my life after that when I was old enough to make my own hair decisions. I think I just wanted it short back then because my mom wanted it long. Her struggle with me started at a very early age. As I'm positive mine will start the moment Cecilia can talk in full sentences.

I'll be needing the names of some good drugs please.

No comments: