Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Contentment

I never thought this day would come. I have prayed hard and my heart has begged for this day.


It's a day where I can finally say, "I'm ok with Cecilia going to daycare."


After a rocky start and a VERY rough fall, I am finally at a place of contentment with daycare. Cecilia spends her day with 3 wonderful women who seem to love her as their own. There aren't too many days that I walk in that I don't find one of them holding her. One has even taken her on her lunch break because "Cecilia just didn't want to be away from me."

They openly admit to spoiling her and you can tell by her actions! She is used to nonstop attention and we usually have to detox on the weekends!

They are always happy to see her and sad when she isn't there. I know she isn't the only one they show this kind of attention to. It's another reason why I have found contentment. I know there are no favorites and that all the kids are loved on equally.

I am very thankful for those women. More than they will ever know or I can express. Not everyone can do what they do and they are the reason it's a little easier sending my baby to daycare.

I won't say there still aren't days that I can't even make it out of the parking lot before I breakdown. But those days are far and few between. And I'm not saying given the chance I wouldn't stay home with her everyday. But finding this place where I'm at with the situation has lifted a huge weight off my shoulder.

Maybe this will make me stronger when she goes off to college or moves farther than an arms length away. I doubt it but it is a good thought.

2 comments:

Erin said...

Kaci, I'm not sure if you remember me, but I'm Kelly's friend, Erin. I've read your blog and ironically walked in to your daughter's daycare today (not knowing that's where she went) and recognized her from the pictures on here! I started talking to her and she just grinned all over herself. I could eat her up!! You can not even imagine how much I needed to read this post tonight. I found out this past Friday that my baby's private sitter will no longer be able to watch him. It has killed me. I've cried every day since at the thought of leaving him at a daycare. But I've given it to God (or at least tried to!) and he will be attending the same daycare (and same class!) as Cecilia on Monday. After calling anoteher daycare and hearing they had a wait time of over a year, I was shocked that this one had one opening in his age group. I feel like it is meant to be. So, know you won't be alone - I will be pulling out Monday morning bawling my eyes out!!!

Erin said...

It sure is a small world! I called Kelly today and had a breakdown about the whole situation and she asked if I had read you blog post about daycare, and I hadn't yet. But seriously, I know God had a hand in this post! It was written for me!!! LOL!! I'm sure I'll be running into you! And I hope Ty and Cecilia become good buddies!! :)