Monday, January 17, 2011

A Good Balance

This weekend was a good balance of busyness mixed with lots of family time.

Our weekend started off with a last minute sleepover at my parent's. I had a baby shower early Saturday morning, so I decided to load Cecilia and I up and stay at my parent's. It worked out beautifully! Cecilia ended up sleeping till 7:30 am and I was one happy mama because I was able to sleep that late too!

Saturday morning, I helped host a baby shower for Natalie. She is expecting Jackson in a few weeks so we showered her with lots of gifts!

Jaclyn did an amazing job decorating and pulling it all together.








As you can see the sun was super bright but Jac has better pictures that really show off the decor.


After the shower, my mom and I took Cecilia to her very first kid birthday party. One of Mom's co-worker's has a son who just turned 1 and they had a Mickey themed party.



All the little ones got their very own Mickey ears and there was Mickey everywhere! They were even VERY smart and had a TV set up playing Mickey dvds for the kids to watch.

Cecilia, however, didn't need the entertainment. She had Kila!


Kila kept Cecilia entertained for most of the party and Cecilia had a good time. Our first birthday party was a success!

The rest of our weekend was full of family time. We get so few weekends with Brent here with us so we like to make the most of it. We even managed to get a few things done around the house while Cecilia took a nice LONG nap yesterday.
Today, it was back to work and I'm wishin' for another weekend.

No comments: