Tuesday, August 30, 2011

What I Did Before...

Over the past 17 months Brent and I have said a thousand times we don't know what we did before Cecilia.  In an instant our lives changed (for the better of course) and would never be the same.  But tonight I have reflected on what my life used to be like.
1.  My house was not littered with random toys that somehow never seem to make it in their appropriate place.
2.  When I opened my cabinet doors sippy cups and all their accessories didn't come flying at me like they were spring loaded.
3.  I didn't have to convince a 17 month old that getting dressed is a MUST before going out in public.
4.  I didn't sing songs like 'it's the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.  Its fun inside.  Its fun inside.' or 'hot dog, hot dog, hot diggity dog.'
5.  Cheerios, Goldfish and dried milk were not part of my car's decor.
6.  I didn't say 'no ma'am' a thousand times a day or get it told back to me.
7.  I didn't have to grocery shop as if I was running a marathon, rounding corners on 2 wheels while a toddler screams at me from the cart.
8.  When the house was quiet I didn't have to run frantically around the house to see what was getting destroyed.
But then 17 months ago I didn't have tiny little hands that reached out for mine.  Or someone who ran to me at the end of the day looking for a hug.  Or a tiny little face that gets as close as she can to mine to whisper to me when we are saying goodnight.  My house wouldn't be filled with a little girl's laughter or her sweet voice yelling 'Ma.'

I may not remember much of my life before Cecilia but I do know my days are forever changed for the better and I wouldn't trade these days for anything.

1 comment:

Momoi said...

How sweet! And, you're right, it's all worth it!