Sunday, August 21, 2011

What a Weekend

Friday night I pleased my husband and went to eat Chinese with him.  I'm not a big Chinese buffet kind of girl but he hasn't been in a long while and the craving was there so I gave in.  Little did I know, Cecilia would love the place!

She cleaned her full plate, charmed our waitress and was the best kid!

Saturday while Brent went to work, Cecilia and I headed to Franklin to get my hair cut and hang out with my parents.

My hair has been bothering me the past few months so it was time to do something drastic.

 

 I haven't had my hair this short in, uh, 9 years.  This would be the 3rd time in my entire life I cut my hair off.  At that rate no one ever thinks I'll actually go through with it but I need a change every now and then.

We spent the afternoon playing at my parents and then decided to go with them to a cookout their Sunday school class was having.  I had a good time visiting with everyone from my old church and Cecilia had a blast playing with all their fun games.
  

Pap telling her how to play cornhole.



Then of course she found a game with balls and it was all over.



By the end of the night, she had warmed up to everyone and was giving out high fives, byes, and kisses.  I'm so glad she was in a good humor and made the whole evening enjoyable!

Today, her and I went to church and spent the afternoon napping, playing and watching her new favorite show, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.  And now I have to accept the reality that tomorrow is Monday and Mondays mean work. 

1 comment:

Kaci Miller said...

Your hair looks great! Isn't it a good feeling? I just cut 5 1/2 inches off my hair at the beginning of August! :)