Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Give Thanks

Since Thanksgiving is tomorrow, I thought I would compile a list of some things I'm thankful for.

*My family.  I have an amazing family who has supported and cheered me on for 28 years.  Without them I wouldn't be the person I am today and I'm not sure I would be able to function without them.  My parents and Nanny have come through for Brent and I in some big ways regarding Cecilia and for that we could never say enough thank yous to them.  We are beyond blessed to have family close that is willing to take vacation days or rearrange their schedules to help us.

*My husband.  He has stuck by me for 9 years and even though I'm crazy 85% of the time, he still loves me and willing to spend his life with me.

*Cecilia.  I wanted nothing more than to be a mom and she has made that possible.  She is a dream come true.

*My friends.  Not everyone can say they have friends that will come running when things get bad but I'm lucky that I can.  I have a small group of friends that has always opened their arms wide when I needed them.

*My job.  It may not be my dream job but I like it and these days I'm just thankful I have one.

*Our troops.  They sacrifice themselves and their time with family so that I can feel safe at home with mine.  They give up everything for people they don't know and for that we should all be thankful.

*Brent's job.  This year I am so very thankful that Brent got a new job right before the holidays.  We can now enjoy the holidays together instead of him leaving mid-day to go home a sleep so he could be at work by 2am.

This is by no means my whole list but a list of things I don't often give thanks for.  It is so easy to take things for granted so I hope we all take time this week to reflect on all the good things we have been given.

Happy Gobble, Gobble Day!

No comments: